THE WORLD IS CODE.
Today, everything runs on computer software, and it all needs computer science professionals to design and program the software that keeps this high-tech world running. At Edgewood College, CIS (Computing & Information Systems) majors receive an up-to-date education in the world of computing and, when they graduate, use their degree in a wide variety of careers in the IT profession.
WHY STUDY COMPUTING & INFORMATION SCIENCES?
Computing and information sciences are a part of everyday life. It is not going anywhere and if anything, technology is advancing at a pace faster than ever. This creates a demand like no other industry. People in the technology industry are a vital part of our modern world. They also have very fast paced, exciting, and lucrative careers. Also there is great flexibility in the industry to fit every person who is interested. A computer engineer may work in Big Data, social media, or even the gaming sectors, but also can have promising careers in medicine, education, business, etc. There is a career for everyone in computing and information sciences.
Reasons to Study Computing and Information Systems
- Opportunities for true creativity and innovation
- Technology/Computing jobs are here to stay
- Computing careers foster individual work as well as collaborative work environments
- Different opportunities catered to personal interests
- Computer science skills allow for complex problem solving and puzzle like tasks
- Computing is essential to make a well rounded worker even if it isn't your primary focus
- Opportunities that have the ability to take you around the world
- Rewarding work that is vital to important processes
- The world will always need more computer scientists
- Computing jobs are high in demand and starting salaries reflect this